Friday, February 29, 2008

Goin Racin'

I get to work a half day today. The butterflies are already churning. Why can't I relax and just enjoy the ride? I don't know. I get giddy-excited just about anytime I do an event, race or not. My stomach turns upside down. That makes it hard to eat, which in turn causes a lack of fuel to burn. At least this is consistent and I can try to eat bland food the night before. This will be the last in the Snake Creek Gap TT series. As I said before I am currently in 9th place. My riding times from the 1st two races were very close together, so I don't anticipate that I will be much quicker this time. Also it is supposed to rain tonight so that could leave the trails muddy and more difficult to ride. We'll see what happens. Either way, its a great trail and a very well organized race. Yeehaw.
Jubal is also excited about our trip. Like me, he loves to stay in hotels and eat at restaurants. We are planning a trip to the Knoxville Zoo on Sunday if the weather is nice enough for walking around outside. If that doesn't work out we'll head back to Asheville. Jubal doesn't know yet. It's a surprise!!

3 comments:

ExtrmTao said...

You don't need to be so nervous, I am not in your class 8-)

See yinz in the monin'

Peace

My name is Stephen said...

I just don't want you to make me look bad in front of my wife and kid!!!

Anonymous said...

"I can try to eat bland food the night before"

I saw a juicy groundhog waddle across a four-lane this moring and make it to the other side... Maybe that had something to do with I woke up in the middle of morning and got on the web?

I was hungry! I wanted meat. It's all you fault. Dulse sandwich was good 'nuff. Have a fun race.

T