Monday, February 25, 2008

Laurel Mtn Trail Work

I left Rhonda and Jubal at home on Sunday to go help out with some trail work. It was too cold for Jubal to be out in the mountains. He still has a little bit of a cough and we did not want to risk another cold. So, I left them. I was able to get back by the end of nap time though. So that was cool.

28 people showed up. We split into 4 groups, each group having a chain sawyer, and headed up the trail. My group ended up cutting through several downed trees, creating one log ride, and then building a ride over for one tree that was over the trail. I only made it up about 3 miles of the trail before I had to head home.

About half a mile from the the trail head, there is a tree that was next to the trail, got blown over, leaving a huge gaping hole in the trail. One group worked on that all day, filling the hole in with rock work to create a rock bridge. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Needless to say, I am tired today. I'll take today off the bike, and see about tomorrow. I have the Snake Creek Gap Time Trial this Saturday, so I am determined to take it easy this week.

Have a great day.

No comments: