Friday, February 08, 2008

Last Night


"This is the last night you'll spend alone Look me in the eyes so I know you know I'm everywhere you want me to be The last night you'll spend alone I'll wrap you in my arms and I won't let go I'm everything You need me to be". ( Skillet)


The ride at Bent Creek was smooth. A little cold and a little dark, we saw one other cyclist in the parking lot. So, we pretty much had the place to ourselves. We ventured onto some single track and were surprised to see that it is in pretty good shape. We only rode the trails higher up, and stayed away form the lower trails like Explore loop, as these tend to dry out more slowly.


Lost was last night. I've watched this show faithfully from the first season. I'm getting kind of tired of something good almost happening, and then the thing that almost happens, that could have been good, turns into something more complex. My life, even at its worst was not even that bad. I've always had some hope, these people have nothing. I guess I'll keep on watching it though.


I decided to sleep in this morning. Jubal is sick with a fever and I have trouble sleeping when he is not feeling well. Plus it is cold again, and I'm getting tired of freezing on the way to work. I'll push through and keep riding, but sometimes a person needs a break. So I got up and checked my e-mail and saw this:

"ATTENTION Panheads! Grammy-nominated Christian Rock sensation SKILLET is coming to the Orange Peel, Thursday, February 21st ...."

Yeah!!! This band rocks, they are not the cheesy Christian pop rock bands of the 80's, they actually have skill, sound good, and they have a chic drummer.

We have been fans since the beginning. While working at a camp we invited them to do a show for the kids. They did, and we got to hang out quite a bit. These people are real. My best memory of Jon, the lead singer is seeing the band at a music festival. After they played, another band was on, and I turn around to look around the field in front of the stage. Way out in the middle of the field is Jon, walking towards some dude in a wheelchair. Just going to hang out with the guy who couldn't get close to the stage. Hmmmm, who does that remind you of?


It works out doubly well, because the 20th is Rhonda's birthday!!! It's gonna Rock!!!!
Have a great day.

No comments: