Monday, February 11, 2008

Monday

Ahhh, yet another freezing ride to work. 20 degrees this morning when I woke up. Stuffed some wood in the wood stove ( Jubal calls it the firestove), drank some coffee ( of course). I decided to wear my wool base layer today and it made all the difference. What is it about sheep hair that keeps us so warm. If you ever need to buy something for someone and don't know what, go with something wool. It is great. I might splurge on a wool jersey for next winter.


I started building a pump track in my back yard yesterday. I'm starting small, then will build up, I think it will be fun if I build it right. The idea is that once completed, one should be able to ride the entire circuit without pedaling. In addition to the fun factor, it provides skills training and a workout. It will take a while to haul the dirt I need in my little pick up truck. ( if you have a bigger truck and want to help me out, lemme know). But in time, I think this will be really cool. Jubal is excited about it too.

This is not my pump track, or my house, or even my neighborhood.

I wonder what the neighbors think.

Have a great day.

No comments: