Monday, February 18, 2008

Happy Monday








Yesterday was a great day for resting. We went to church, I worked on the pump track,( I almost leveled it all and gave up) , we watched a special on climbing K2, Jubal and I laid on the couch and watch the Daytona 500 , ate some deliccious homemade potato soup, kept the fire in the woodstove burning, went to the sawmill to get some free firewood. No wonder I'm tired.

I decided to try to add some weekly mileage to my work rides. This morning was a beautiful golden morning. It started out foggy but soon cleared up with the bright morning sun chasing away the wet, soggy fog. Rounding one corner of my climbing route, still in the valley, I was greeted by an old farmer drinking coffee, smoking a pipe, and watching the sunshine creep down from the top of the mountain.

Over the rolling hills, a bit more climbing, down to hwy 70. I decided to take hwy 70 all the way to Black mtn and the return to camp on old US 70. Turning on to Lake Eden rd I looked up to the right to see a hawk coasting alond, weaving in and out of the trees. I picked up my pace to ride next to it for half a mile. I ended up with 20 miles. Temp is 45 and rising, spring is coming!!!

Have a great day.

No comments: