Monday, October 12, 2009

3.5 Days

Jubal and I went out with race director Todd Branham of Blue Ridge Adventures and a small crew of locals to do some more trailwork.

We hiked up Daniel Ridge trail, crossed the creek to the bottom of Farlow Gap trail. We then went up to the 4th switchback and started digging. The trail here was really steep with stone steps. The re-route now takes you winding around the contours of the terrain, connects with an old railroad bed then comes back to the trail. Check out Todd's blog for pictures.

3.5 days until the race. At this point I am really excited. The weather looks like it going to be nice. As in, mild temps and a chance of rain. Exactly what I have been training in all year.

So, I haven't mentioned the fundraiser in a while. I am one fifth of the way to my goal. So, do your part now. Go to the couch, dig under the cushions, get your change jar and empty it, check your floorboard in your car (or truck, not your motorcycle), and donate here...

Have a great day!!

No comments: