Thursday, October 29, 2009

Warmth

Yes it is fall, yes the leaves are turning all kinds of vibrant colors, yes we have had snow at higher elevations and yes it is supposed to be 69 degrees today!!

I love it here.

I also love to ride my bike. I never thought that I would be fine with taking two weeks off the bike, but it has not been that difficult. That said, I also realized this past week and a half, how much I like to ride. Not just as training, but to get out and enjoy the wind on my face. The sights and smells of the forest. Seeing other people out there doing the same thing. I love it.

Last week I said that I was going to start riding again this week. I was feeling relaxed and so put it off another week. I figured that if I was not jonesing too badly for a ride, then I was due another week off. I think one thing that has helped me stay relaxed and not pressured to train/ride is that I have not registered for any races yet. I do have plans but having not actually paid money, there is a lack of motivation.

That all changes today. Details later.

So it begins. 4 more days off the bike and then some base miles. I remember last years base miles. Nice easy pace. I felt great. Not fatigued like later in the year when I try to balance fatigue and fitness. But the base miles, I really enjoy. More like touring than training. Fun stuff!!!

Have a great day.

No comments: