Monday, October 05, 2009

Another Weekend

These are some pictures from my ride up the Parkway to Craggy Gardens Visitor Center. I love it up there. It feels so far away. It took me 2 hrs to get up and 1 hr to get down.To the left of the picture is the gap where the visitor center is. In the center of the pic is the tunnel that the parkway goes through.



Kudos to Nite Rider for building a bomb proof blinky light.

The parkway is in the process of being re-paved, but I managed to hit one of the only remaining pot holes, at 35 mph. My light was jarred loose, it hit the ground and slid. It hit so hard it sounded like a water bottle hitting the ground. I stopped, turned around, picked up the pieces and quickly snapped it back together. I was bummed when it didn't work. After I got home and got cleaned up, I took it apart and put it together, taking a little more time. I turned it on and it worked. Sweet.

Sunday was take a kid mtn biking day. What a blast that was. There were close to 30 kids out there, plus parents. We rode around on the kids loop and the skills area the whole time. Jubal rode some of the obstacles alone, and some I spotted for him. His confidence is building. I won't be long until he is teaching me how to ride logs!! Although, I was able to ride the telephone pole that is laying out there, yeah!!

A couple more longish ride this week and then I start the tapering for Pisgah MTB Stage Race. Check out Todd's blog, some pics of Jeremiah Bishop and Sam Koerber working together on the same trail that they will be battling on in 1.5 weeks. Good stuff.

Pisgah Area Sorba still needs volunteers for the race. You can come out for one day or all of them.

Have a great day

No comments: