Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fall Weekend



I got a little bit restless on Friday and decided that I would go for a run. I ran for 23 minutes and it felt awkward. But, I ran. It was a good start to cross training.
I woke up on Saturday with some really stiff calf muscles. After walking around a bit they started to loosen up.
I headed out to the Black Mtn Trailhead to do some trail work. A small group of us hiked up and did some drainage work along the way.
After returning home I chilled with my family. Not doing much of anything in particular.


Sunday we headed out to Bent Creek, Jubal wanted to ride, Rhonda and I walked. The air was warm and the colors vibrant. I think that we are just past the peak of fall colors. When we got back home I laced up my running shoes. I had a loop in mind that includes the Mtns to Sea Trail. I had never done the entire loop and anticipated that it would take 1 hr or more. I was pleasantly surprised when I got home 40 minutes later. The are a couple of options that I can add on to make the loop longer. I love to trail run, but I can't help but think what a sweet trail that would be to ride on....
Today I was supposed to start riding again. I'm not quite ready yet, so I'll put it off for another week. It is amazing how much of a mental game training and racing is. I really enjoyed last year and look forward to stepping it up a notch this year. I'll start up in a couple of days, or maybe next Monday. I've been warned not to get back on too soon. I'll heed that warning, let my body rest, then get back in the saddle!



Have a great day.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: