Friday, October 09, 2009

Tapering

Last night was my last ride before started my tapering. I'm understanding that peaking is the fine line between fitness and fatigue. If I am reading my body right, I am peaking. A good balance of rest and short intensities, ie 2 minutes or less at a time, between now and race day will have me as ready as I can be.



I got a package in the mail yesterday. When Rhonda called and told me about it, I was hoping that it was a surprise John Henry Single Speed frame....( I like bikes, what can I say?). She told me the box was badly damaged. When I got home, this is what I found. There is a stamp on the side that says, " Received Damaged Condition". Thanks USPS. I noticed that it was damaged, but thanks for letting me know that it was that way when I got it. And would it cost that much more to use proper English when you stamp packages?

Not exactly sure what was in the box, I tore it open:
My new Syntace F99 Stem...Sweet!! Just in time to the Pisgah MTB Stage Race!!

Good luck to the "Siren/ World Bicycle Relief 24 hr Pain Train". They are at Moab this weekend getting ready to duke it out one last time this year for the 24 hr national championship title!!!

Have a great day.

No comments: