Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bikes

I love bikes.  I love what bikes do for people.  Bikes mean a lot to me and that is why I plan on always being involved in the bike world.  

Since I was a kid,  my bike was more than just a hobby.  More than just something to do with my time.  It is hard to explain, even people who have known me for my whole life don't get it. 

Bike motivate people.  I have seen and  heard stories, as you have, of people getting healthy,  losing weight, eating better because they started riding bikes. 

Go to the World Bicycle Relief Website and read stories of how lives have been changed because of bike.  Bikes mean education, medical relief, small business ops and more. 

Bikes give me something to do with my family,  a great way to hang out with and meet new friends.

I remember in college when I would go out for a training ride.  Coming home after an "epic" 8 mile ride I was pretty pumped.  You don't have to be an endurance junky (freak) to enjoy a bicycle.

I also like working on bikes.  I used to take my bikes to the bike shop for everything.  Then I started doing the math and realized that I could do a lot of the work myself.  It's fun.   There is nothing like dialing in a derailleur, riding on it and smiling because it shifts so smoothly.   There is something cool about mounting a tubeless tire at home with a floor pump.  

Bikes definitely build confidence. 

Bike build the immune system too.  Since I have been commuting by bike, I have been sick less and my allergies are almost non-existent. 

I also save a ton of money on gas by not commuting by car. 

I love bikes and look forward to a continued lifestyle of cycling!!!

Have a great day.

No comments: