Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Pray For Grace

A person called me last night to ask what was going on.  Referring to the situation that I wrote about yesterday.  He had only gotten a little piece of the story.  He was infuriated, yelling at me and calling me names.  He told me that I am a hard headed idiot, and that talking to me was like talking to a 3 yr old.  
That is what happens when you stand up for what is right.  Things get crazy.  I'll openly  admit that part of the issue was my fault for not confronting the issues long ago.  I had learned that it was better to sweep things under the rug, and not get people upset.  I know better now......

Why must I feel like this today
I'm a soldier but afraid sometimes
To face the things that may
Block the sun from shinin' rays
And fill my life with shades of grey
But still I long to find a way
So today I pray for grace

I take a moment to myself
So I can myself
To feel myself
And be real myself
Life's addictions and afflictions
Cause abrasions from their friction
Sometimes, it's easier to live in fiction
I can run, but I can't hide
From the pains that
Reside deep down inside
There is no pill
That can be swallowed
There is no guru
That can be followed
There's no escapin'
From my own history
Those that I hurt,
And those that hurt me
I was dead for a million years
'Fore I was born and
I'll be dead for a million more
After I'm gone
So I live, to give somethin'
That can live on
Like the way you hum a song when the music's gone
Like the warmth on the sand
When the sun goes down
And I'm sittin' with myself
Nobody else is around but,

(Chorus)

Been a long, long time
Since I been away
Been a long, long time
Since I felt this way
Been a long, long time
I found the words to say
How much I'm grateful
For my life today
'Cause under every cup
You might find a nut
Behind every corner
You might get jacked up
At the end of every rainbow,
You might find gold
The last bite of your sandwich,
Hope you don't find mould
'Cause none of us
Can live the perfect life
The kind that we see on nick at night
And sometimes, we all
Just lose sight
Of the pain that will guide us
From dark into the light
We fall down yes, but we get up,
And sometimes we just need
A little bit of love
To help make it
Through another day
Into the night, into the light,
Into a Saturday
So in the morning when I'm waitin'
For the sun to raise
And my head's a little foggy
Like I'm in a haze
I remind myself that
Everything is gonna be okay
I take a breath, slow down and say...

Michael Franti- Pray for Grace

Have a great day!!

2 comments:

Chai said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Wow. I can't believe anyone would ever call anyone with only part of the story and start yelling and calling names. That would just be immature and childish.