Thursday, June 10, 2010

Moving On

This week I was told" Thanks for ruining my week", I was called rediculous, immature, childish, a hard headed idiot, told I was acting like a Nazi,  and told that talking to me was like talking to a 3rd grader. I have been studying and processing my experiences for several years now.  I'm not sure how much more I need to confirm that the relationship is not healthy.  And, after doing quite a bit of research realize the relationship is categorized as abusive.  

I am partially to blame for not making a stand earlier in life. But due to a low self esteem, I didn't think I had the courage to stand up for myself.  So, I stayed in the relationship and endured. 

But, not anymore.  I am making a stand and not going to take it anymore.   I am my own person and I will not be manipulated by the fear that you won't approve.  I will not be bullied into acting like you think I should, so that you will be pleased.   While I care about you, as I care about anyone,  I will not subject myself, or my family to that environment.  You cannot and will not control me.

I was also asked if I could forgive someone without ever talking to that someone.  While it would be peachy keen to do so, I believe that if that were possible, it would invalidate the true meaning of forgiveness.  The underlying meaning behind the question is " can't we just sweep this under the rug and move on".  In order to experience forgiveness, there has to be repentance.  So, no,  while I am fully prepared to forgive, I cannot forgive unless there is repentance.  True, upfront and honest; with no excuses.

If you are in an abusive relationship, please get help.  If I can do it, so can you.

Time to move on.

Have a great day!!

No comments: