Monday, June 21, 2010

Mike Ride


I headed up to the high mountains on Saturday to go for a ride with my friend Mike Keeley.  It was perfect timing.  I needed to get out of town and needed some Mike time.  If you ever need some level headed advice and want to hear some good stories (some of them embellished),  go for  a ride with Mike.

He had told me on the phone that he was good for a 3 hr ride.  I was fine with that.  It was perfect for what I needed that day.  When I got to his house, he showed me the route for a 5 hr ride.   It looked like a whole lot of fun, and I was game.  When I mentioned the time frame of the route he had picked, we went with a shorter route...good choice.

We rolled down into the valley.   Not much to tell really, other than we chatted and swapped stories the whole way.  Mike and I are both dealing with tough times in our lives and we shared the details of those.  It was really cool,  if I were ill, I would want Mike on my side!! 
We saw a sign that said "Lavender Festival".  We were somewhat intrigued and stopped to ask the "traffic director"  some questions:
Mike: What is at the Festival
Dude: Lavender and you pay down there
Mike: How long is it going to be here?
Dude: I'm here until 4pm
Mike:  What time does it start tomorrow?
Dude: Ummm,  morning time..

We kept riding.

There was quite a bit of new pavement which is really nice.  Nice and smooth. This is the road leading back up to Little Switzerland.(above)
And below is Little Switzerland. 

Have a great day!!












Posted by Picasa

No comments: