Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Training Stuff.

I am starting to feel stronger on my rides.  I think that the past two years, I have erred on the side of caution and been too careful about getting enough rest and doing the right amount of recovery rides.   No wonder I felt so rested.  I never taxed my muscles. 

The race Friday night,  I was able to see that I could sustain an effort longer than I thought I could. Granted, the race was somewhere around 1.5 hrs, and I don't think that I could sustain the pace for 6 more hours.  But in the past, I would not have been able to do what I did. 

I'm jonesing to get out and race again, but I can't find anything for the month of June.  I used to ride The Cowbell Challenge, my first endurance race, in Charlotte this month, but that event has moved on.  The plus is that I won't have to go to Charlotte and suffer in the heat!!

So, I have planned to do some long rides here in the mountains.  It will be healthy to take a break from race pace and get some long miles in.  (That's what I keep telling myself).  

Next up is the Hot Doggett 100 on July 10th.  It's a fun one,  the shorter rides they offer are just as fun!!  Then Oramm on July 26th, which I am very excited about!!

Come out and join us!

Have a great day.

No comments: