Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Small Glitch in The Plan

So most of my confidence went out the window Saturday morning when I woke up with severe back pain. Anything short of laying on my back was painful.

I have a history of back issues. In college I had 2 weeks of total bed rest due to straining my lower back. I know back pain.

I immediately reverted to my physical therapy exercises, hot bath, ice pack, and lastly Ibuprofen. ( this is the first time in years I can remember taking Ibuprofen).

Sunday felt a little bit better, and knowing that some activity would help loosen me up, I went ahead and went to the trail work day. It did loosen me up.

Monday showed continued improvement, and this morning it feels slightly better, but still stiff.

The issue with back pain is often caused by the muscles around the back. In this case, my leg muscles got really tight.

Several factors contributed to this, one of which was getting lazy with stretching before and after riding. I hope I won't make that mistake again.

Then to add to the stress, I woke up Monday morning with a stuffy nose. I hit that right away with Echinnachea, natural decongestant, and Emergen-C. ( Emergen-C should sponsor me, I use the product enough!!). I'm feeling better this morning, though.

So, the plan is to ride to work this morning, and see how my back feels. If is doesn't feel right in the 1st 5 minutes, I'll come back home and drive to work. Hope for the best.

2.5 days and the weather forecast looks cold and rainy.....should be a good taste of Pisgah!!

Have a great day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello from Russia!
Can I quote a post "No teme" in your blog with the link to you?

My name is Stephen said...

which post are you referring to? and where are you going to post it?