Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Two Days Later


The above picture encompasses how I feel about the race, and finishing the season on a high note. It is now 2 days after and I am starting to feel normal again. My back is feeling a lot better, my muscle fatigue is ebbing, and I'm sleeping really well.

And so, my season is over. Since this is the first year that I have really followed any type of training plan, this is my first ever "off season". I'm not really sure what to do for now, except that ride less for a couple of weeks sounds good.

Last year I started training at the beginning of November. I will probably wait until the end of November this year to start training seriously. I will be doing some running over the next couple of months too.

Thanks to all who helped me with the World Bicycle Relief fundraiser. As far as I am concerned, even though I did not reach my goal, it was a huge success. Goals often have to be assessed and readjusted, and there is nothing wrong with that. It is in fact healthy.

We raised $1095. That is enough to send 8 bikes, with some change leftover. Great job to you all and I look forward to continuing to raise awareness and funds for WBR. In fact, I have a couple of events planned that promise a good time. So, stay tuned!!

A huge thanks to my sponsors who got me where I needed to go. Not only do my sponsors support my personal goals, they also help me get the word out about "The Power of Bicycles" which I feel is a race of it's own, and of huge importance. So, thanks to you all and I look forward to continuing our partnership in the future. ( look in the left column to see who I am referring to).
And thanks to my wife and kid for supporting me and helping me be my best.

Have a great day.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: