Tuesday, March 22, 2011

3-22

 After taking the kid to the doc for yet another sinus infection, I came home and laid him on the couch to recover.  I took the opportunity on this first day of spring to cut the grass.  Then plant some seed.  Why?  So I could have more grass to cut.  I'm not big into spending a lot of time making the yard look prim and proper,  I have way more fun things to do. But there is something satisfying about a nice green lawn to play soccer on.

After the wife came home I hit the parkway for my BC loop.  I am so fortunate to be able to ride on pavement for 30 minutes and then access dirt and single track.  I rolled around the trails out there for a while,  enjoying the sunshine and warmth.
 There is a flower in the middle of the picture: 83 degrees? woot!


I raced back onto the Arboretum property at 5:55pm.  Just in time to get inside the gates before I was considered trespassing.  Filling up the water bottles, I breathed deep and relished the mental freedom that I had begun to experience since I let go last week.  As much as I try to, I can't control people. 

Riding home on the parkway, sun on my back
It was a great day and a great ride.  My legs felt snappy and strong.  I don't know that I was going fast in comparison to others, but I felt  good, and I was having fun,  and at the end of the day,  that's what really matters to me.

No comments: