Friday, October 19, 2012

Gravel

I decided to join the fellas for a gravel loop around Bent Creek Thursday night.  I warned Kevin that I was not in the mood for going fast and he agreed.   It didn't take long for me to be off the back, and that was fine with me.  I wanted to enjoy the ride, not bleed out of my eyeballs like I have been doing all summer long,  going hyperanaroebic  on every climb, trying to outdo whoever might be outdoing me.... I'm burned out on that, I want to sit up and look around.

This fall has been amazing so far.   I predict a mild winter again this year.  Based on my gut,  and my gut is right all of the time.  When you are still riding your bike in January in shorts, you can remember you heard it here first.

As the sun set, and left the bright orange, red, yellow, green, and brown leaves in darkness, we switched on our lights and joked around.  I commented how it was funny that we all seemed to have the giggles.  Just a bunch of dudes and their bikes... and Josh's flat tire.

We passed some mountain bikers in the dark and hurled insults,  we were on CX bikes after all and that's what CX is all about: heckling.  So, heckle away!

I made it home, showered and celebrated with some homemade chicken and broccoli stir fry and peanut butter cookies... yowza!

No comments: