Monday, December 09, 2013

It is raining.  My head hurts, Ididn't sleep well, and I'm hungry.  I'm not complaining, these things are temporary.  I have food in the other room, my coffee is hot,  my roof is almost dry,  just a little more work to do. 

I've spent the past couple of weeks working hard, I'm thankful for the opportunities that open up and give me the means to take care of my family and home. 

We moved into this place 9 years ago, and I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  Most of the rest of the work is interior and aesthetic.  Unfortunately, I didn't document the process from day 1, but its ok,  we have enough pictures to show the progression. 

Sometimes I wonder why I expend the time and energy to make this place better.  I think about how cramped and plain and boxy it was when we moved in.  It was perfect.  What changed that caused me to feel the need to improve?  What exactly is it that feeds that urge to improve in any area?

It feels good.  I get a sense of accomplishment.  Whether in my personal, professional, recreational or home life,  I don't want to become stagnant.  I want to improve, and be around people who are interested in becoming better people. 

Can't wait to see what happens next!!

No comments: