Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Black Friday

A good thing about living here is that I have options. Lots of them. I posted a couple of days ago that all of the options made things difficult. Well, yesterday I realized that I often don't decide where I am going until very shortly before I roll out the door.

I had planned to ride my Big Bent Creek loop this week, leaving from home, but that has not happened yet. I'm not quite mentally ready to ride the parkway on my mtn bike. So, yesterday morning when I got up, I decided to bail on that idea and hit a road loop that I rarely do after mtn bike season starts up again.

I headed down the river, up through Weaverville, up Reems Cr, Ox Cr, to the parkway and back home. The skies were bright blue, the sun was up, and there was a cold wind blowing. Good day for a ride. I was home by lunch time!!

The rest of the day I spent hanging out around the house. Playing outside. The kid told me he wanted to build some ramps, so that is what we did. How could I resist?
At first we built it, but then he wanted it higher, he rode that for a while, and wanted it higher again!! Yeah!

Have a great day!!

No comments: