Thursday, November 12, 2009

Not Much

Not much going on right now in the life of the Asheville Janes. The racing is over, the training is mellow. It is dark, a lot. Kind of depressing, but knowing that our bodies are intended to slow down makes it more bearable.

Interestingly, it has affected the kid too. He is grumpier and more irritable. I imagine that for the little ones, the time change and season change is somewhat confusing. After all, kids ( and some adults ) tend to see the world in about a 10 foot radius. Anything outside that boundary is something of another world. It is so important not to lose that childish point of view.

Last night I came home and found a spaceship in my living room. The futon and chairs had blankets thrown over them and were converted into a Mars landing vehicle. There was a pod on the outside for the pilot and a compartment inside for the passengers. He had even picked up some aliens which were inside the compartment. He let me ride in the compartment, and my job was to take care of the aliens: a green rubber bouncy ball, and my old Super Gonzo doll. Then the kid let me take it for a spin. That was fun.

I haven't mentioned World Bicycle Relief in a while, so don't forget to check out the cool things that are happening with bicycles in Africa.

Have a great day.

No comments: