Thursday, April 23, 2009

Cohutta Mountains

This is probably my favorite race of the year. I'm not sure why. I think it has to do with the area. The start finish is at the Ocoee White Water Center. Where the Olympics were held.



I also drove through the gorge from Chattanooga, TN to Toccoa, GA every weekend for 9 months to visit Rhonda. I was working at a group home and she was still in school. I got off at midnight on Friday and had to be back at midnight on Sunday.



Then I got into whitewater kayaking and eventually canoeing. I made numerous trips down the Ocoee. Including the rafting trip that Rhonda and I took on the ride across America.



During college I had a great friend who we called "Opie". He lived in Blue Ridge, GA. Several times we got in his Scout and drove all over the Cohuttas: camping, fishing, canoeing.



I love that area, it holds a lot of memories. I spent a lot of time on the same roads that the mtn bike race follows.



Good stuff. It holds a different kind of beauty for me. Sentimental beauty.



Have a great day.

No comments: