Thursday, May 21, 2009

I lied

I lied yesterday when I said that I was not really excited about Burn 24. I love that event. It is fun, grass roots, laid back and challenging.....

In life you make plans, and things pop up. Sometimes you can go through with your plans and sometimes you rearrange and make new plans and goals. Sometimes you look back and say, " what the heck was that", other times you look back and are thankful that your plans were derailed. Sometimes your plans are not the best.

In training, the goal is to identify stressors and eliminate them. That is another great principle to apply to life.

For me yesterday, my to biggest stressors were finishing the house, and training/ racing Burn 24. I attempted to make it without eliminating one but had to come to the realization that that would not work. I could do both, but not do both well.

So, I eliminated training/racing.

Instead, I'm doing what I am calling 24 hrs of Home Renovations!!! Or, the Home Renovation Blitzkrieg!!! I'm gonna do what it takes to get it done, get it out of the way, then resume training. While the family is disappointed, we realise that this is best.

You gotta do what you gotta do. And I feel great about my decision.

Last night, I built the closet and got the sheet rock hung. This morning, I taped and started mudding. Tonight I'll finish mudding and start finishing the floor.

Have a great day!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Sounds like the right decision Stephen. There will always be another race, but who can deny the importance of living in a functional and beautiful house!!
See ya out there... one of these days!