Sunday, May 10, 2009

Koffee....

For years I have been a fan of Starbucks. I have worked there several 3 different times when I needed a good job fast. They were great to work for and taught me a lot about coffee, quality and the "Star Standard": the idea of product quality, that when a person should walk into a store across the country or in another country, that it would feel like walking into one's home store. Smiling faces, good coffee, similar decor, a " home away from home".
Recently though, over the past two years, I have been less than satisfied with the service and product at Starbucks. It seems that the standard has slipped, and I will leave it at that.

So, I went looking. I would have loved to endorse a small coffee roaster, but for some reason, small coffee roasters tend to have coffee that tastes burned and leaves an ashy aftertaste. No good. I want a coffee that is smooth, full of flavor, no burned after taste.

It took a while and now I have found one:


Not only does it taste great, it is roasted in small batches and mailed directly to my doorstep. I could even join the Koffee Club and have coffee automatically mailed to me. Sweet!!! And to top it all off, they donate 10% of their net proceeds to charities!!!






Check it out: Kinetic Koffee.





Saturday I had a great 3 hour road ride. I've been working with Namrita O'Dea to dial in my nutrition and I think we finally have it. I was sweating the entire ride. That is something that has not happened for a while. Hopefully next weekend I'll get out for a longer ride and continue to test my nutrition plan. Here are some pictures from the ride:

The French Broad River from the Marshall Bridge:
A field on Bear Creek Road:
Horses on Bear Creek Rd


Have a great day!!!

No comments: