Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What to do...?

I'm switching up training a little bit. It occurred to me around mile 60 of the Hot Doggett, that I had slacked on my long rides recently. By this time of year, I have done several 80-100 milers on the road. This year, none. Hmmm, could this be a contributing factor to my issues? Possibly. Regardless, I'm going to add in some longer rides, and be more disciplined in getting that time in the saddle.

Something else that has not helped is that now that I am stronger, it takes less time to commute. So, I'll be adding some miles on my work commute, to up my time in the saddle too.

Someone asked me if my family misses me while I'm riding. They say they do, which makes the long rides more difficult, but they are also on board with what I do. If it were affecting us negatively, I would simply not do it.

Sometimes, I think about what I would be doing if I didn't ride......not sure about that.

Have a great day.

No comments: