Friday, May 28, 2010

Gossip

I've started writing my thoughts 3 times this morning, and nothing seems to be flowing right. 

I have the opportunity to gossip everyday.  Several times a day.  In the office, at home, on Facebook....  it's wrong.  It doesn't help anyone.  It does way more harm than good, and I don't know that it has ever done any good. 

If you have issues with someone, go to that person and work it out. 

Do everything you can do to keep the peace. 

Simple principles really. 

It's different is you are struggling with what someone is doing and you need advice on how to love and support that person.  Then definitely go to a trusted friend and share your struggle.  But that struggle is about you,  not your problem with someone's lifestyle.  And the advice session should focus on you.  Because in all likelihood, you are being prideful and judgmental.  

Oh, but you don't understand..... oh but I do.  I am prideful and judgmental. I know how easy it is to make myself feel better, by gathering friends around and ganging up on someone.  It makes me feel good to have a majority who agrees with me.  A group of like minded people who will willingly cast the first stone.  That feels really good. 

But its wrong.

So, don't do it.  Don't throw the first stone.  Take the 2x4 out of your own eye, before you take the speck out of someone else's eye.

Have a great day!

No comments: