Friday, May 14, 2010

Smiley

This morning I woke up at 6am and got out to do another batch of tie dyes, adult female cut T-shirts. The air was heavy with humidity and the biting bugs were out in force.  I braved the elements though and got the job done.  Sometimes when one is working hard, it is easy to forget the reward.  Other times, while keeping the long range goal in mind, one is surprised by an unexpected reward or something special.  Today was one of those days.  It was not hard for me to be out there tie dyeing early in the morning.  The quiet of the morning, the birds singing, an occasional bug bite.  Small cost compared to what the kids go through, the ones who will benefit from the sales of these shirts. 
So, as I was bending over, taking for granted that I have running water, I looked down at some wild strawberry plants are growing around the hose.....and I smiled,  how could I not smile?

Staring up at me with a huge smile was this little wild strawberry. 

Have a smiley day!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: