Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Goal

Tuesdays at Bent Creek are less crowded that Thursdays.  Being so used to seeing people on the trail, it was a bit eery when I rode for an extended period of time without seeing anyone out there.

The trails were damp with some small mud holes, the air was cool and the foliage a dark shade of green.

I headed up to ride my normal "outer loop".  I was feeling tired but for some reason I was also feeling strong.  Strong for me, anyway.  I 'm able to push bigger gears for longer periods of time.  It takes several weeks to start feeling this good and when it finally happens, it is so worth it.

When any goal is reached it becomes very apparent that the sweat and the toil was worth it.  You have to hang in there, to stick with it. Even when its 44 degrees and raining and you have 30 miles to go.  The end,  the personal victory is totally worth it.

Winding my way around the forest, I didn't think about much.  I have dealt with a lot in the past 3 years, worked through it and am at a point where I know there will be more issues to resolve,  but for today, I'm  feeling good.  Feeling strong, like I can and will go on.  There will be challenges in the future,  large and small, but with a renewed sense of purpose, and some new goals in life,  it will be enjoyable.  Because the goal is so worth it!!

Have a great day.

No comments: