Thursday, July 15, 2010

Bags

After lots of encouragement from several friends, including: Brendan, Mary, Brian and Stephanie,  I dragged the wife and kid to the fabric store with me yesterday.  I picked up some fabric, needles, thread, and velcro.  We came home and I went to work measuring and cutting to create a frame bag.
Because of the design of the bike, there is not much room in the frame triangle, but by removing the water bottle cages, I'll end up with quite a bit of room.  I can use a pack for a bladder, and possibly mount water bottles somewhere else on the bike.

Sitting here writing this, I figured out how to leave one bottle cage without losing too much storage space.  It looks good so far, we'll see how it goes.  I was pleasantly surprised that I had plenty of material left over. I only bought 2 yards.  I see a seat bag in the future. 
I don't know if I'll get to it tonight, but Friday night, I should get it pretty close to finished.

Then what? 

I have some ideas for some trips.  I plan on doing a couple of one-nighters to get my set-up dialed, then some bigger trips.   I'm gonna wait to share those until later.  Might be an epic ride sometime this fall!

Have a great day.

No comments: