Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Dirt

I headed out to Bent Creek for a dirt recovery ride. A huge storm had just passed so I stuck to the gravel roads.  It was hot but felt cool compared to the weekend.   My legs felt good, but my cardio system seemed to be suffering,  that helped remind me to keep it in an easy gear and just spin. 

Everytime I attempt a big event like ORAMM, the following week I feel like hammering. Either I feel so good that I finished, or I feel like I have to make up for something.  It's kind of funny.  Too many times, I have over done it and worn myself down. 

Spinning around BC, I thought about just how much I enjoy being out there.  There was mist in the deep valleys and blue sky overhead. The humidity was high but I'm used to that.  I watched the gravel slide underneath my Siren 55.  I looked into the lush green forest, through the trees.  I lifted my head and felt the breeze blow past.

Back in a place of contentment.  I briefly let my thoughts wander back a couple of months, to the confrontation, and then fast forward to now.  I wouldn't change anything.  It was a struggle that I am moving away from.  Empowered and moving on.  Just like pulling the plug on ORAMM,  I knew it was what needed to be done,  no regrets. 

And now,  the future.  It is wide open.  I have set some goals,  some things that I want to accomplish.  And I'll move towards those, without concern for being judged,  or rejected.  This is my life and I'm going to live it to the fullest.   

The fist goal will be helping Rhonda get through school and being there for her, like she has done for me so many times in my endeavors.  In two years, if you get sick, you better call her if you want the best freaking nurse in the world!!!   YEAH!

Have a great day.

No comments: