Monday, July 05, 2010

No Ride

No ride this weekend.  I picked up some part time work to help cover the cost of Rhonda's nursing school starting this fall.  So, instead of riding when she got home from work, I went to work.  A different change of pace and definitely not as fun, but it's part of the deal!!  And I'm pumped that I get to help her reach a life goal. 

I have spent a lot of time processing my feelings and wounds since my confrontation last month.   After realizing that I can be who I want to be, and that I don't have to act like I was taught to act (growing up),  I started to change my patterns.  I made a conscious effort to react positively to those around me, not calling people names and not belittling them. 

One of the most immediate changes I have seen it that I no longer have a raging angst built up inside.   For the past 3 yrs, writing this blog, I have been on a mission.  A mission to encourage people to do good, to love your neighbor etc. I realized over the past week or so, that the writing has been fueled by what I thought was passion.  At this point I don't think that is true.  I believe that rather than passion, it was angst, it was out of a struggle with myself and what I was going through. 

And that's where I am today.  I still urge you to love your neighbor,  to care about those around you.  But don't do it to make yourself feel better (although this is a positive by-product),  do it because it is the right thing to do. 

Have a great day!!

No comments: