Friday, January 25, 2008

Everything Went Wrong

I got the the 24 hr race early, set up my tent and pit stop in perfect spot for quick stops. Also it was on a high spot in case of rain. The sky was sunny, the air was warm. I hop in the car to run to the store for last minute supplies. Then it all goes down the drain. While I am gone the storm clouds roll in, the sky grows dark, and the rain falls. Lightning lights up the sky as I park and head to my pits. The only thing is, my pits are not there. The caterer has set up tables and chairs for 500 right where my stuff was.



Where is my stuff? No one know, so I wander around looking for it. 500 people in the muddy field getting ready to race. I don't have my rain gear on and am soaked to the bone. I finally find my tent, laying on the ground, crumpled up. The horn blows, the race starts. Where are my shoes? My helmet? I can't find anything. I can't find my nutrition. Anything. The race started without me. I spend the night looking for my stuff. I can't believe this is happening. I don't even complete one lap.



The next morning, the sun finally comes out. Bright and shiny.



I wake up, safe and warm in my bed.



It was all a dream, a very vivid dream.



Have a great day.

No comments: