Saturday, January 26, 2008

Mileage

After getting excited about upping my mileage last week, I didn't break 100 miles for the week again. I decided the pain and freezing of riding when it is 12 degrees is not worth it. And hey, I still get paid if I don't ride my bike. Last night was a workout on the rollers again, more sweat, and lactic acid.


The workout is downloaded on my mp3 player. There is rock and roll music and some dude telling me to " come on, give it a little more", " 1 more minute". And my response is, "whatever dude". I would even say it to his face. If I had a coach, it would have to be someone special to put up with my antics.


This is though, the most fun I have had being torturing myself on stationary rollers. Even more fun would be one of the roller races that are held:









I got a new hat yesterday. It is a cycling cap. Instead of the old style cotton fabric, which are very comfortable if it is not too cold, this one is made of a rip stop nylon windbreaker material:




I put it on, in fact I have it on now. Then as I was sitting in my chair, watching tv, for some reason I smelled the hat. Hmmmm, it has a sort of sweet, herb like ( if you know what I mean) smell. I wonder where it was made? I looked at the tag, Columbia. And I'm sure it is not Columbia SC. Well, it could be incense.....

Have a great day

No comments: