Thursday, January 24, 2008

Flurries

It's snowing again, sort of. Nothing heavy, but pretty nonetheless. The ridge line is covered in thick grey clouds. I am sure it is snowing up there, we are getting flurries. It is definitely cold enough.



Tonight's ride should be fun, cold fun, stone cold fun. I plan on ramping up my Thursday night training to be less social, and more race pace. Whatever that means. Race pace for me is different than race pace for someone else. I want to ride fast and steady, not fast enough that I feel that I will puke, but fast enough to feel I like I went fast enough at the end of the ride.



Training and having a family is difficult. If training was my full time job, I would be more serious about it. But for now, my family is first, then work- it pays the bills- then training. On that note, I have decided, for now, to postpone the 70 mile ride that I talked about earlier. My temptation is to do too much too soon. And while I believe that I am capable of riding that distance now, I'm going to wait.

I have another Snake Creek Gap TT in 1 week. I think that I will do the long ride two weeks after that. This will give me enough time to recover between the time trials, as the 3rd one is at the end of February. Until then, I will continue to do my 40-50 milers on Sunday afternoon, riding from my house. That leaves all day Saturday to hang out with my family.

So, anyone up for a fast ride tonight?

Have a great day, and do something nice for your neighbor ( either the one next door, the one down the road, in the next office, etc)

No comments: