Friday, January 30, 2009

Stillness

Last night's ride could be summed up by " Stillness". I got to the parking lot which was mostly full of cars but no people. It was quiet, the wind was still and the sky was clear. I started on my ride and was feeling good. Just an easy ride tonight with no agenda other than to spend time on the bike. After about 30 minutes, I was surprised to look at the thermometer and find out that it was 32 degrees. It felt warmer. The ground was partially thawed and I could smell the dirt and leaves. A faint hint of spring.

It got dark and I was not spooked yet so I kept riding. The sky was clear, the moon bright. Halfway through the ride, I heard rocks clicking together up on the ridge. Ok, that was odd. 10 minutes later, farther along the same ridge I heard the same distinct sound. Rocks being moved by something larger than the rock itself. Maybe it is the " Yunwi Tsundi".



This morning the Internet told me that the temp was 29. At Azalea Park ( pictured below) the temp was 24. When I got to work, I could see that Mt Mitchell and surrounding peaks were wrapped in clouds, looked like snow, sweet

Have a great day.

No comments: