Sunday, January 20, 2008

30 Degrees in the Shade

High of 30 forecast for Asheville today. Hopefully it will get up to 35 so I won't freeze on my ride.

We ended up getting some snow yesterday, not much though. I spent the day with my family. 30 minutes on the rollers with iCycle. Put some puzzles together, chopped wood. Chased Jubal around the yard.

I was thinking about criticism. Why are we critical? It seems that we are critical of things when they are not as we would want them to be. If the person in front of me is driving slower than I am, I am critical of their driving, without thinking that there might be a reason for them to be driving too slow.
Sometimes criticism is good. Constructive criticism. This is usually preceded by some compliments and intended to build a person up, to explain how to do something better, or achieve a higher goal. More like advice.

Plain old criticism can become a bad habit. You can get to a place in life where nothing measures up to your standards.

Criticism is often times unneeded, and it would benefit us as a person to take a deep breathe and relax.

Have a great day.

No comments: