Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Pain

That's what I felt last night when I was trying to get the tailgate on my pick-up to open. Then it opened, right into my thumb, jamming it and twisting it in a way that it isn't supposed to be twisted. After pulling on it, holding it, and dancing around my driveway, I assessed that it wasn't broken. I then took a couple of deep breaths toe insure that I was not going to pass out. I haven't hurt that bad in a long time.

Today's weather: Winter storm warning. As far as I can tell it is sunny and cold. Too cold for a bike ride, that's for sure. 20 degrees left me with icicles hanging from my goatee. I think 27 degrees is the limit for riding my bike. Any colder than that is idiocy. For me anyway. That means that the Iditabike is out of the question. They only have one spot left anyway.

I hope this winter storm hits hard and I can curl up on the couch tomorrow morning with my hot wife and cool kid, watching the snow fall and feeling the heat radiate from our wood stove.

Have a great day

No comments: