Thursday, January 10, 2008

Feeling Good

My legs are really feeling good on the bike these days. The last couple of weeks of December I had thoughts of taking another break, I was feeling sluggish on rides, and even sometimes wishing I was at home sleeping.




But, this week I am feeling good. My legs feel a little peppy, and I'm enjoying the ride. I think a lot has to do with getting home while it is still light. It is barely light, but cold, dark rides home are not the most fun I ever had, even though I am still on a bike. Last night I was able to take my favorite route home. It consists of some backroads going through the campus and cow fields of Warren Wilson College. But, I also have to ride and cross a very busy and congested section of hwy 70. So, I don't do it when it is dark.




This warm weather has helped too. Today it is supposed to rain, but I might still be able to get my Bent Creek ride in, due to the warmth. If it is cold and rainy, I usually don't ride. I get too cold too quickly and would wind up a human popsicle for some bear to lick on. But, riding in the warm rain is so much fun. Jubal loves it when I come home muddy too.




What can you do today to make the world a better place? Or just your neighborhood?




Have a great day

No comments: