Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Cohutta Afterthoughts

As the time grows between the race and now, the pain fades. I want to do it again. I want to do it again soon. I've learned a little bit more about fueling my body for a long race. Timing is key.

In 5 weeks I have the Burn 24. It is a lap format on a 7-10 mile loop. I 'll be able to try out my new nutrition plan then. Ideally I'll take a long ride in the woods in a couple of weeks and take some liquid nutrition with me. We'll see how that goes. Oh yeah, it will be on my geared bike too.

With the fading pain, I have decided that I am not finished with racing single speed. It will continue to have a place in my racing life. I like to do things well and feel good about it, and I have finished but not finished well, yet. I am pretty sure I will race the Cowbell Challenge in June on the single speed.

Have a great day

No comments: