Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Here is a good one

Here is a good picture of me whooping up on my older brother at the top of Mt Mitchell, USA:






It is his fault, really, that I am have have improved to the point that I am today. A long time ago, about 11 yrs ago, I was living in Wise VA. Geoffrey came out for a visit and I proudly took him on the 12 mile loop that I used for my daily workout. He made me feel slow. The problem was that he was living in Charlotte, ie: flat, and I was in the coal country of south western VA, ie: mountains. Well, he came up from the flat lands and put his coal country mountain brother to shame. After that, I decided I would never let him do that again...... and he hasn't.

Thanks for the motivation, brother.
Strange thing happened last night. Some dudes ran out of gas in front of my house. This is strange because it is the second time this has happened since I moved in. Different people though. I have never given away so much gasoline.
I went out to ask why they were parked in front of my house. They told me they ran out of gas. I told them I had half a gallon and went to get it. When I came back and started to pour it, the dudes crowded around me. I thought," OK I'm going to get the snot beat out of me". Then they backed off a little bit. The driver, who had been talking on his cell phone the entire time, reached into his pocket. I saw, out of the corner of my eye that he had some dollar bills. I turned to him and said," I don't need any money". As I said that, I thought," I need money, gas is almost $4 per gallon". The dude said, " What". I repeated" I don't need any money, that's what neighbors are for". As I said that, I looked down to his hand. In his hand was $400 in twenty dollar bills. Ahhhhh, just jokin dude, I do need money!!! Too late to take that back!!! Oh well. The car started and off they went.
Have a great day.

No comments: