Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Highest Point


A couple of years ago, when I was working in the child mental health field, I had some clients over in Sylva. In order to get to Sylva, I passed the Blue Ridge Parkway by taking hwy 74. I started taking my bike with me so I could get a ride in after seeing my clients. Usually I went south up to Waterrock knob and back, but this day I decided to go North. I don't remember the mileage or my time. I do remember the warmth of the sun, the great views and this motorcycle gang at the top.
I reached the highest point of the parkway, and they were there, with their chaps and soft fuzzy seats. Naturally I struck up a conversation. They were from somewhere up north. They asked me to take their picture, and I agreed, on the condition that they would send me a copy. Several months later, they did.
Have a great day.

No comments: