Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Kids Don't Care About Results

Cohutta results are up: I placed 33rd out of 42 in the single speed cat. ( not last, one goal met)



Overall I placed 132 out of 171, (still not last).







Yesterday, I went to visit Jubal and his classmates. It was bike day for his class and the teacher asked me to come ride my bike with them. No problem. This was one of the most hilarious things I have done in a long time. There were kids all over the place. Zig zagging, ride straight, pushing instead of pedaling, going the wrong way. The one bit of advice I gave them was to smile while you ride. Smiling makes it that much more fun. I'll post some pictures tonight.

I'll be smiling when I get the roof built over my deck. Last night Rhonda and I erected the 8 foot tall posts with two 2x6x16's bolted together for the cross beam. We used ropes, levers and props to get it up inch by inch. Then we took turns steadying the whole thing while the other person hammered the posts into place.

I got two temporary rafters up last night. This morning I got 3 permanent ones cut and notched for a custom fit. I'll post pictures of that later too.

So much for a resting recovery week!!

Have a great day.

No comments: