Saturday, March 28, 2009

Loss of Perspective

I've been in a funk the past couple of weeks. I've been annoying myself, and probably others with the funk. I suddenly realised that I was in a funk a few days ago and decided to figure out what is going on, let go, and move on.
Just like in training, in life we have limiters. These limiters eventually lead to stress that hinders our forward progress. I know what my limiters are on the bike, but currently, what is it about life in general that is holding me back??

So, I figured out what is stressing me, made a mental list and started working on it:

-my yard floods when it rains- poor drainage. Solution: I ordered some fill dirt.

-the addition project had some minor hitches. Solution: take a deep breathe and be patient.

-My new frame needs just the right components but added up not affordable right now. Solution: strip some old parts off of the old bike.

Cool, now that that is taken care of, why am I here, what am I doing, why do I race my bike? For me? Yes, but not only for me...

For World Bicycle Relief, to get the word out about " The Power of Bicycles", and Siren Bicycles, to spread the word about a great hand built bike company. And not just any old company, one whose owner, Brendan Collier, is taking a risk not only to sponsor me, but to sponsor the entire WBR/Siren team!!!
So for her:
And them:

And them:

And others:

(photos courtesy of Leah Missbach Day and World Bicycle Relief)

I ride, to raise awareness, to help my brothers and sisters around the world!!! Don't loose perspective!!!

Have a great day.

1 comment:

Geoffrey Janes said...

Send me a list of parts you need/want. I have a friend who will order at cost.