Thursday, January 07, 2010

2 Hour Delay

I woke up this morning, glad that I woke up. I had overslept by about 30 minutes, but was cool with that. I checked to see if Buncombe county schools had yet another 2 hr delay. They did not. I got the fire going to warm the house, and woke the R and the J. ( that is how I will refer to my family from henceforth( I am also going to make a valid attempt to speak more Old English).

We have had a 2 hr delay since coming back from Christmas break. I prefer that more laid back schedule. I think that having to get the kids up at 6:30am is a bit ridiculous. I also think that an 8 hr plus work day is a bit too much.

I have worked a lot of jobs, some 24/7 on call, some part time, full-time, part time and full time, at some points 3 jobs.

I propose a 6 hr workday (school day), with the same pay/benefits.

My theory is that with the extra time at home/play, people would not only be more rested, mentally healthful, they would be more productive at work. With less time to get it done, there would be less time for hanging out at the coffee pot. More time to be spent taking care of things at home. Hanging out and enjoying your family, and of course more time to train!

So, who is with me?

Have a great day.

No comments: