Monday, January 11, 2010

Chewing

I've been chewing on this all weekend. Trying to figure out how to go about writing this.

I thought about writing a long detailed story about what I do and don't believe in. Even now, as I attempt to expound on my ideas, I am getting tripped up. I'm glad there is a backspace button, so I can keep starting over.

So, here it is: I believe in a God, who is the creator of all things. I believe that he cares about us and provides for us. This definitely leads into a huge debate as to why he provides for some and not others etc. Trust me, I wrestle with that thought on a daily basis, as I drive my warm truck to work and pass the homeless dude walking to wherever he walks. Or when I hear stories of street kids living off of dumpster food. I wrestle with it. But I still believe. Why? Because, in my own life it has been proven over and over. Ask me about it sometime.

Right now, as I write this, I have food, water, a warm house and clothes to wear. Everything I need to live, and enough to share with others.

Right now, as I write this, we have been given enough, that the medical bills from my emergency appendectomy, are covered. As it looks, hopefully by the end of this week, I will not owe one penny for the bills.

Thanks to friends, family and work, and a God who created us with emotions such as generosity, we have been taken care of once again.

Have a great day.

No comments: