Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bummed

I got some news this week, that bummed me out. I rode the PAS "Save the Trail Challenge" last year and had a blast. It is the only time I have ridden Dupont, due to time constraints and priorities, and I loved it. The route was great and it was well supported. I was looking forward to it again this year. I just found out though, that the date was moved to April 24th. The same day as Cohutta 100. Bad move. From what I am being told, this was the only day given to the club by the Forest Superintendent.

I'm bummed on multiple levels. First off, for myself, because obviously, I'm going to Cohutta. Then for the club, because while I'm sure there will be good turnout, I'm guessing that there will be 50% less people signing up, because they will also be going to Cohutta.

PAS has done some great things, and I really hope the event is a success, it's tough when your hands are tied and you can't choose the date that works best for the MTB community as a whole, I understand that. I'm still bummed.

Now, I also don't have an event in March, which I had hoped for. If you know of an endurance MTB event going on within 4 hrs of Asheville, in March, let me know, you might make me very happy!!

On top of that, Cowbell Challenge has been indefinitely canceled. What in the world. I read through the blog, and the accusations, and none of it matches up to the person that I worked with, in 100 degrees temps. That is a bad way to treat someone who has done so much for endurance MTB racing in the Southeast.

So, now June is open too. I guess the upside is less wear and tear on the body, and more money to save for the Pisgah MTB Stage race!!

Have a great day!!

No comments: