Wednesday, November 07, 2007

33 degrees

Quite cold on the ride in to work this morning. I managed to stay fairly warm though. I actually had a tail wind to boot! The fall colors are vibrant this year. It is said that the colors are more vibrant when there is more rain, but this year has rivaled years with rain.

Some of the sights on the way in are interesting and intriguing. I ride by Azalea park where there is a dog park and there are almost always dogs out there walking there owners and making them chase Frisbees and balls. I ride by Gentry's heating and cooling where I am sure the contractors make crazy comments as I ride by. ( they all share the road though). Once I get on old US 70, I ride in between Owen Middle School on the right and the Juvenile Detention Center on the left, complete with ten foot chain link fence and topped with barbed wire. As I take a left onto Lake Eden rd, the dead in road that Camp is on, I get a great view of the Blue Ridge Parkway and the mountains that surround Mt Mitchell. Although, Mt Mitchell is blocked from view by surrounding peaks. ( when I figure out how to post pictures, I'll post some).

I decided to incorporate some additional climbing today. I have reviewed maps and thought I know where I was going. I ended up climbing about 2 miles up some steep switchback road, only to find out that I had to turn around and go back down. I was really hoping that the big old golden retriever who tried to attack me on the way up, was gone. It was.

You just have to keep trying different options. Eventually, if you don't give up, you will discover what works, and see a lot of new things along the way.

Have a great day,
Stephen

No comments: