Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Warmth Returns...

...for a little while anyway. High today in the upper 60's. Today is a rest day. That means no riding the bike in the warm weather. Some would say this is good weather. Some call rain bad weather. Is there really such a thing as bad weather? Sometimes bad things do happen when weather happens. But is the actual weather bad?

I was amazed a couple of weeks ago when it rained. I was not amazed at the rain, although rain is an amazing thing. ( Think about it: water evaporates, rises into the atmosphere, condenses, falls to the ground, and does it again. Just like it was created to!! Every time. Amazing!!). I was amazed at how many people, in the middle of this drought, were complaining that their plans were ruined because it was going to rain! What? Are you kidding me?

We, as humans, complain a lot. We take so much for granted. Like the guy who was watering his lawn during the drought in the middle of a rainy morning. Hmmmm. Often we cannot see our surplus, due to our selfish desires.

What is the point that I am trying to get across? Let's be thankful. Start by making a list of everything you own. Then look at that list and decide what you don't need. Then instead of selling it, so you can buy something else, give it away.

" But ", you say," I don't know who to give it to". That is no excuse. Put it out by the curb. Someone will come by and find a need for it. I love to stop by someone else's trash and pick up something that I might use. Just this weekend, I saw a little toddler slide in someone's trash. It was a little broken but that's OK, I can fix it. Then we drove up the hill and found another slide, this one a full 6 foot long, really fun slide. So, I got that one too. We are keeping the long one, it is now bolted to our back porch, and Jubal loves it. The other one is out by the curb waiting to be picked up.

Stop complaining, and enjoy the things that the Creator has given to us!!

No comments: