Friday, November 16, 2007

Hooray for Friday

Last night our first winter storm of the season blew in. Complete with freezing temps and snow flurries. I opted not to ride my mtn bike at Bent Creek last night. When temps change as quickly as today, and the wind is gusting up to 40 mph, it is not so pleasant.

This morning is another story. Our house is so warm, now that I got the siding fixed, that I fake myself into thinking it is not so cold outside. Even though the internet tells me the temp is 30. How easy it is to lie to ourselves in an effort to persuade ourselves to do something that we want to do, or to do something that we don't want to do. We can come up with all kinds of justifications. We are so creative when it comes down to getting what we want. We will sacrifice, take risks, and as I said before lie to ourselves. We must consider though, is it worth it. In the end, is the result, or the consequence, worth the justification? We also must ask, what is the result, and how does it affect the world around me? And then ask, would I take those risks in an effort to help someone else?

Have a great day, take a risk, and enjoy the ride.

No comments: